Public Company registration in Calicut
A 'Public Company' is an incorporated business entity registered under the Companies Act, which has huge capital investment from a large base of shareholders. Large-sized businesses and/or stock exchange listed entities are incorporated as public companies which is wider than a private limited company
Features of a Public Company
- A public company can issue shares to public subject to the compliance of the Companies Act and other regulations.
- A public company can accept deposits from public subject to the compliance of the Companies Act and other regulations.
For registering a limited company, a minimum of 7 shareholders and 3 directors are required. If Public Company last word will be "Ltd."
Procedures for register a Limited Company in Calicut
- Obtain a Director Identification Number (DIN) for all proposed directors.
- Obtain a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for one of the promoters and directors. (Electronic Signature)
- Authorised capital (Minimum for Private limited Company Rs.5,00,000)
- Suggest any 6 names
- Address of Registered Office of the Company is mandatory. (Documents Required Copy of Rent Agreement, if Directors house = NOC from the owner)
- Preparation and signing of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company. (Main Deeds / Bye laws )
- Registration of MOA, AOA, Directors Details and Registered Office of the Company
The ROC will register the company after due verification of MOA, AOA and other details and will issue the Certificate of Incorporation (COI). It will also allocate a Corporate Identification Number (CIN) to the company so registered.
A public company cannot start its business immediately after getting the COI. It has to obtain a Certificate of Commencement of Business from the ROC by filing a 'Statement in Lieu of Prospectus' (SLP), after which it can commence its business operation.
- Notarised Affidavit signed by directors, (In stamp Paper Rs.10 Onwards),if Person is out side India Attested by Embassy
- Copy of ID, address proofs (Address proof: copy of self attested passport, voter's id, driving license, bank statement any one.)
- PAN (for Indian nationals) is required for applying a DIN.
- Two Pass Port Size Photo (Hard Copy)
- Copy of ID, address proofs
- Pass Port Size Photo
- Copy of PAN